Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP)
The Regeneration Project is licensed by the Maryland Department of Mental Health and Hygiene as a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP). The purpose of this program is to support consumers with mental health challenges in becoming healthy and productive individuals in their community. PRP are adjunct services in collaboration with the child or adolescent’s mental health therapy services. The mental health provider assesses the individual’s need for additional services and makes a referral for the consumer to receive PRP services.
We provide comprehensive, individualized and need-based rehabilitation services to promote independence and improve the quality of life for children and adolescents with severe and persistent mental illness. We provide education and support that is guided by a range of assessments and individualized rehabilitation plans.
In addition, our program offers specialized intervention services tailored to the needs of the consumers. Consumers and their guardians are encouraged to take a leadership role in the development of goals, program activities and services.
Regeneration provides On-Site and Off-Site Services to consumers. We recognize the necessity of implementing treatment in multiple settings to increase the probability of long term success.
Specific rehabilitation goals are established, which target identified needs based on information from the referring mental health professional, a comprehensive assessment and meetings with the child and his/her family.
PRP staff routinely evaluate each child’s progress and provide updates to the referring Mental Health professional, the family or guardian and other mental health professionals working with the child.
PRP Scope of Services
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Assessment and Evaluation to Identify Strengths, Skills & Needs
- Individual Rehabilitation Sessions
- Group Rehabilitation Sessions
- Promote Use of Community Resources
- Development of Individual Awareness, Wellness, Self-Management & Recovery
- Self Care Skills Training
- Vocational Skills Development
- Social Skills Development
- Community Living Skills Development
- Symptom Management
- Medication Education, Consultation & Monitoring
- Collaboration with Therapist & Community Stakeholders (Primary Care Physician, Probation/Parole Officer, Case Manager,etc.)
- Independent Living Skills
- Anger Management
- Time Management
- Maintaining Age-Appropriate Boundaries & Personal safety
- Development of Age Appropriate Self-Care
- Entitlement & Resource Utilization Training
- Health Promotion & Training
- Life Coaching & Mentoring
Join Our Newsletter
Interested in Becoming a Foster Parent?
Children come into foster care every day, and our Foster Care Program is looking for everyday folks like you to be Foster Parents! We need you to provide a loving home for the children of Maryland.